The mission of the FHPS media centers is to create independent users of ideas and information by ensuring that all students and staff have the skills and opportunity to access, evaluate, and use information. We believe that it is our responsibility to introduce new learning technologies, provide support of the curriculum, and teach information skills in a positive learning environment in which all students can become independent, lifelong learners.
The mission shall be accomplished by providing:
- intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- instruction to foster competence in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- recommendations and guidance to stimulate interest in library materials
- collaboration with staff to design resource based learning investigations
- partnerships with staff to integrate information literacy into existing curriculum